Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
This Kiki the Cyber Squirrel, the mascot of Krita the digital painting app. This picture is used as Krita 2.8’s startup splash and Krita’s Steam box art, cover art and avatar as well.Wallpaper version available!Wallpaper version of the first picture, includes popular resolutions for PC, smartphones and pads.» Download! «
What is Krita?
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom), open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.Help Krita on Steam Greenlight!
Krita is now available for Windows PC, and the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam as well. Please help them (and thus helps everyone)!
» Krita on Steam «What I like about Krita
Krita’s page has detailed introduction of what it is capable of. I would like to cover a few things that I really like about Krita here as well:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a friendly, highly customizable user interface. The basic operations when using a brush tool are:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Simply right click and you can access:
- Color picker
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method.
- Supports layer group.
- Supports layer mask.
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result like Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated fast & high quality canvas rotation and zooming.
- Realtime mirrored view mode.
- Color management support.Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.The Mascot
And yes, I designed Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel. I’ve also designed Krita’s box art, banner art and projet avatar on Steam. Krita’s next major release, Krita 2.8, scheduled on late February, will have my picture as its startup splash as well! I’m very happy to see my work becomes useful to the project!
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
(( Here’s a compilation of all the genderbends I’ve edited so far. :) After doing these, I went back to my “Disney Princes” and re-edited them slightly, so these are the new versions. (Yeah, I know the guys still look younger than the girls, sorry. XP lol) ))
I’m attracted to all of these.
ㅇㅁㅇ…누가 만들었는진 모르겠지만 사랑합니다….
Frozen genderbend is what keeps me alive